MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF INGESTRE WITH TIXALL PARISH COUNCIL
Present:- Mr M.Sindrey, (Chairman), , Mrs P.Parrott, and Dr A.Andrews, representing Tixall
Mrs S.Haenelt and Mr D.Lees representing Ingestre
County Cllr. J.Francis
Apologies:- Mr N.Bostock, Mrs N.Woodhouse
08/20. Co-option to fill Casual Vacancy
The Register of Financial Interests has been updated, Appendix 11.3.20/11.
The website and notice board lists of Councillors have been updated.
09/20 Minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on January 8th 2020
The minutes having previously been circulated to all members present at the meeting, were then taken as read, confirmed as a true record, and signed by the Chairman.
10/20 Matters arising from these minutes
1] LOCAL HIGHWAY MATTERS
Cllr.Francis had previously emailed that he had asked for additional HGV signs and also he had asked for a traffic survey on Holdiford Road as there had been 8 accidents on the bridges in the last 12 months. He is still awaiting a response from Highways.
The sewage smell by Halfway Houses continues to be monitored.
Following the meeting of the Trent Valley Collaboration Group, 6.2.2020, Dr Andrews is in the process of getting information on the gullies in Ingestre and Tixall.
The serious flooding across the width of the road approaching Hoo Mill crossroads from Tixall, was reported to County Highways, No. 4182612, 28.12.19. In response Amey reported that works had taken place, mainly erecting flood signs, but other works might be pending and the situation would continue to be monitored. The flood was reported again,20.1.2020, No.4185605, the response was; "The inspector has determined that Staffordshire County Council will not be taking any further action." Staffordshire Highways have been asked to sort out a long term solution to this problem, and Mr Paris supports this, Appendix 11.3.20/App01.
There was a lengthy discussion on this, noting the complaints received from residents of Great Haywood. Mr SIndrey had contacted Philip Atkins Leader of Staffordshire CC; John Henderson, member responsible for highways; and Theo Clarke, MP. They had promised a site meeting on Monday 9th March, but nothing happened and no one had replied to Mr Sindrey's email. Mr Sindrey had told them that a local farmer had the equipment to pump out the flood, but needed permission to lay pipes over the pony field and assurance that he would be paid for the labour, etc.
Cllr. Francis had had similar problems, but was trying to get the fire service to pump out the flood with their high volume pumps.
A major problem was that it was impossible to speak to anyone at the County Council, everything has o be done on line.
The deep pothole going towards Stafford, just past the entrance to Brancote Sewage Works was reported 16.1.2020, and very promptly repaired.
Ingestre Village Road also flooded recently with water running off the Golf Course, over Rectory Cottage Land and onto Ingestre Road. The drain round the perimeter of the Golf Course appears to be running freely.
The possibility of introducing some sleeping policeman on Ingestre Road to slow the speeding traffic was discussed and rejected.
2] PLANNING APPLICATIONS, ETC.
a) TREE WORKS ON TRENT DRIVE, INGESTRE
These works are being monitored.
b) CHANGE OF USE AT HEATHCROFT PADDOCK, INGESTRE No.19/31017/COU
for Mrs Sam Rowley
They are now appealing against the refusal to grant change of use.
c) GESTRON EXTENSIONS, INGESTRE for Mr Aaron Chetwynd No.19/31517/HOU
This application has been permitted, 13.2.2020, Appendix 11.3.20/02..
d) CHANGE OF USE FROM BARN TO DWELLING AT BRANCOTE
Prior approval was granted on 25.10.2017 for this development
e) LAND NORTH OF TIXALL MEWS GARAGES - ERECTION OF STABLES, TACKROOM AND
HAYSTORE AND HARDSTANDINGS. No.20/31778/FUL for Mr Stephen Tinniswood
Representations have been sent on this application, 9.2.20, Appendix 11.3.20/03.
The application is awaiting a decision.
We have been given Monday March 30th for the Lords Select Committee hearing. We will be followed by the Golf Club and William Field. Sue Haenelt is unable to travel to London because of the Coronavirus, and Anne Andrews may or may not be fit enough to go.
The Golf Club has asked for a further meeting with the Parish Council.
4] TRENT VALLEY SOW PARKLANDS AND CANNOCK CHASE AONB HS2 GROUP
a) RESTORATION AND SECURING OF THE ENTRANCE TO TIXALL ICEHOUSE
We now have letters of support from the Conservation Officer and Staffordshire Historic Parks and Gardens. We are awaiting a letter from Mr & Mrs Sindrey as landowners granting permission to undertake the project.
Mr Sindrey has applied for permission to remove the trees from the icehouse and is still awaiting this.
Brian Edgecombe, Structural Engineer, will prepare a drawing for the builder when the entrance has been cleared, and his cost for this is £750 + VAT. We will then get a cost from our builder.
We have an estimate from a Blacksmith in Stoke to make an iron grill for the entrance to the icehouse chamber at a cost of £340 including a red oxide undercoat and black paint finish.
b) SURVEY OF FIELD BY GATEHOUSE & SECURING UNDERGROUND ENTRANCES
The field by the Gatehouse will be surveyed by the Cannock Chase Volunteers under the guidance of Historic England, free of charge, with a contingency for expenses and a day from Andy Payne of Historic England, if required.
Mr Sindrey is getting quotes from his son in law for steel plates to cover the underground entrances securely, yet granting access if required, to sit on slightly raised brickwork to compensate for the increased height of the ground due to soil being dumped there when the road was widened.
c) STAFFORDSHIRE & WORCESTERSHIRE CANAL TOWPATH
A site meeting with the Canal & River Trust, has been arranged for March 23rd, to discuss improving the towpath and the access from Holdiford Road.
d) INGESTRE ORANGERY APPLE STORE HERITAGE HUBB
This project is being progressed by the Orangery, but has been significantly reduced in scale.
In addition Felix Pelper is anxious to create a circular walk from the Apple Store, and routes are being considered, but these would require the permission of the relevant landowners.
5] TRENT VALLEY COLLABERATION GROUP
Dr Andrews attended the meeting, 6.2.2020, Appendix 11.3.20/4. The next meeting will be ~ April 30th at Brocton, 2 for 2.30pm.
6] SWIVEL BRIDGE OVER STAFFS & WORC.CANAL
Following a request from Mr A.Collier, the Clerk had written to the Canal & River Trust asking them to check it and carry out any necessary remedial work, 29.10.19. As we are still awaiting their reply, the Clerk had emailed them again, 28.12.29.
TansyJane.Moore@canalrivertrust.org.uk replied, 15.1.2020:
"Thank you your enquiry regarding the tree at Swivel Bridge on the Staffordshire and Worcestershire canal. I am sorry we were unable to reply before the 8th January. An engineer and ecologist from the CRT have visited the site. Please see our engineer’s feedback below:
We have looked at this tree growing on Swivel Bridge several times in the past. The conclusion we came to last time was the damage is limited to the wingwall/parapet and is not affecting the arch. In effect the damage has already been done. If we remove the tree we will certainly have to rebuild the parapet and wingwall. Providing the arch is not being damaged I am happy to leave the tree for the time being."
It was agreed that there was nothing more we could do at this stage, although collapse of the bridge could endanger life..
7] WELCOME PACKS
Delivered to Gorse Cottage, Tixall. Required for 2, Home Farm Court and Schoolhouse, Ingestre.
8] FUTURE COVERAGE FOR THE CLERK'S DUTIES
We have purchased an HP Laptop with Microsoft Office 2007 Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint; McFee Anti Virus, for £449.99 and an external 1TB Hard Drive for backing up, £49.99, with a total of £83.33 VAT. The purchase of a printer/scanner had been delayed due to lack of space, and need at the present time. In addition a wireless mouse had been purchased for £18 including £3 VAT.
When a new Clerk is appointed they should have completed the official training, and this should enable the Council to become a "Quality Council" with increased spending powers.
The advertisement for a replacement Clerk was discussed, and will be circulated via the SPCA weekly Newsheet. Both the current clerks for Brocton and Berkswich have shown an interest in applying. Mr SIndrey proposed that we should go ahead with the advertisement and this was seconded by Mrs Haenelt.
9] FUTURE OF TRENT DRIVE, INGESTRE
Dr Andrews had written to the Land Registry, 9.1.20, Appendix 11.3.20/5, but had had no reply. She had subsequently filled in a contact form on the Land Registry website.
Sam Caraway was now
investigating this with respect to Felix Pepler's
project for a circular walk
in Ingestre. Strangely on his Land Registry map ,
Trent Drive is shown as 2
10] MILLENNIUM AVENUE in HOO MILL LANE
Mr A.Haenelt had reported that all the trees needed their trunks clearing, etc. and had submitted a report, Appendix 11.3.20/12. He recommended Light Pruning at a cost of ~£400, but this might be better left till the Autumn.
11] BUDGET REVIEW
We had now received requests from Ingestre & Tixall PCCs for Churchyard maintenance, Appendix 11.3.20/06. We had budgeted for £500 for both Churches. Ingestre had spent £144 on servicing their clock and £550 on mowing, a total of £694. Mr Sindrey proposed granting Ingestre £670 for the Churchyard and clock maintenance, i.e. £694 - the £24 VAT which the Parish Council could have reclaimed. This was seconded by Dr Andrews and agreed unanimously.
Tixall had a deficit of £392 after the income from the Nesbitt Bequest had been deducted from the mowing costs. Mrs Haenelt proposed that they should be granted the £392. This was seconded by Mr Sindrey and agreed unanimously.
This Parish Precept represents a 1.6% decrease in Band D charges for Tixall, and a 1.9% decrease in Band D charges for Ingestre.
The costs of the uncontested Parish Council Elections in May 2019 is less than expected: £72.70 for Ingestre and £79.20 for Tixall, but these are now due.
13] ANNUAL PARISH MEETING
This has been arranged for Wednesday April 22nd, ~7.30pm, after the Annual Village Hall meeting at 7pm. Topics for discussion are Flooding, Ingestre Road and Holdiford Rd speeding.
The meeting may have to be postponed or cancelled if the Coronavirus situation deteriorates.
14] INGESTRE VILLAGE NOTICE BOARD
Mr David Lees had kindly carried out further repairs and was thanked for this.
15] 2019/20 ELECTORAL REGISTERS
These have been received. One resident of Little Ingestre had died and there were two new residents at Dairy Cottage, Brancote.
16] COUNCILLOR TRAINING EVENT WEDNESDAY FEBRUARY 12th.
Mr Lees had attended this and the £20 fee had been paid.
11/20 Parish Clerk's Report
1] VILLAGE HALL EVENTS
Staffordshire Industrial Archaeology Society Monday April 6th, 7.30pm. Shane Kelleher (County Archaeologist) My role as Archaeology and Monuments Officer at Ironbridge.
Ingestre & Tixall Local History Group: Wednesday March 25th, 7.45pm, Anne Anne Andrews ""The Brancote Farms."
Monday March 16th 10am to 12md Coffee Morning at the Village Hall in Tixall for all ages and all interests.
2] LOCAL INFORMATION
This was available on our website and in the Welcome Pack given to all new residents.
It had been updated to reflect the removal of the recycling bins at Great Haywood, and the changes to the Police Community Support Officers, now Richard Owen and Rebecca Moores.
The Trent Valley PCs group is writing to the Police Commissioner to ask for better communications between the local police and parish Councils.
3] REMOVAL OF SANDSTONE BLOCK FROM BILLY'S HILL VERGE
Thanks were minuted to Malcolm Sindrey and Eric Enocson for returning the stone block to the obelisk.
12/20. Parish Council Finances
1] PETTY CASH EXPENDITURE January 8th to March 11th 2020
2] CHEQUES PAID SINCE LAST MEETING
3] CURRENT STATEMENT Appendix 11.3.20/7
Mrs Haenelt proposed that all these finances were approved, this was seconded by Mrs Parrott and agreed unanimously. The Chairman then signed the reconciled bank statement.
4] NSI INVESTMENT ACCOUNT
The interest rate is decreasing from 0.8% to0.6%.
13/20 Planning Applications, etc.
1] DEMOLITION OF GARAGE AND GROUND FLOOR REAR WALL. GROUND FLOOR SIDE
EXTENSION AND TWO STORY REAR EXTENSION, at 2, Ivy Cottages, Tixall Village.
No. 20/31843/HOU for Mr D.Bond
Representations have been sent, 5.3.20, Appendix 11.3.20/8.
2] STAFFORD BOROUGH LOCAL PLAN. 2020 - 2040. ISSUES & OPTIONS
Mrs Woodhouse and Mr Lees attended this forum on 10.2.2020. We subsequently received a copy of the accompanying Power Point Presentation.
We were invited to make comments by March 31st, and also on the Biodiversity Draft by March 16th.
1] STAFFORD BOROUGH COUNCIL
a) MEMBERS DIGESTS NOS.263 and 264 for January and February - received
Items of interest:
No.263 p2.14 Draft Climate Change Strategy includes 5.5: Improve recycling rates and waste reduction.
No.263 2.51 Empty Property Strategy
b) CIVIC AMENITY VISITS 2020
We have requested visits on April 11h, June 13th, August 8th and October 10th at a total cost of £800. Mrs Haenelt proposed that this was approved. This was seconded by Mrs Parrott and agreed unanimously.
c) WITHDRAWAL OFTHE RECYLCING BINS AT THE VILLAGE HALL
Dr Andrews had written, 18.1.20, Appendix 11.3.20/09. The Borough Council had subsequently replied, 7.2.20, Appendix 11.3.20/10.
d) PUBLIC SPACE PROTECTION ORDER CONSULTATION TO MARCH 2nd
This applies mainly in Stafford Town and covers anti-social behaviours, and cyclists riding on pedestrianised streets.
2] STAFFORDSHIRE PARISH COUNCILS ASSOCIATION (SPCA)
a) WEEKLY SPCA UPDATES – We had received various information including on:
· New human resource policies for employees
· Discrimination - protected characteristics - ethical vegans
· Loneliness Guide
· Corona Virus
· NHS Health check for 40 - 74 yr olds. Nearest at Eccleshall
b) SPCA SUBSCRIPTIONS 2020/21
Dr Andrews proposed that the annual subscription of £138, including £25 affiliation fee to the NALC was paid. This was seconded by Mr Lees and agreed unanimously.
c) DATA PROTECTION POLICY
Model policy received.
3] STAFFORDSHIRE TITHE MAP DIGITISATION PROJECT
We have now received our digital copies of the Tixall and Ingestre tithe maps following our donation of £100 to the project, some years ago. It was agreed to forward copies to all Councillors.
4] WEBSITE ACCESSIBILITY FOR PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES
New regulations come into force in September 2020. Our website appears to be OK, but we have been offered a free template by a commercial company.
5] STAFFORDSHIRE FIRE & RESCUE SERVICE. DRAFT SAFETY PLAN 2020 - 2024
6] 2020 BEST KEPT VILLAGE COMPETITION
It was agreed not to enter.
7] UPDATE ON MANAGING CANNOCK CHASE
They were carrying out grazing at Moors Gorse; Heather Cutting and Caring for Brocton Coppice.
The next Parish Council Meeting will be the Annual Meeting of the Council, followed by an ordinary meeting on May 13th.