DATA PRIVACY NOTICE
1. Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
2. Who are we?
Ingestre with Tixall Parish Council is the data controller (contact details below). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
3. How do we process your personal data?
Ingestre with Tixall Parish Council complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes: -
· To check who is eligible to vote and identify new residents to send Welcome Pack to
· To circulate the monthly Newsheet
· For the benefit of the local community, e.g. notifying other authorities of problems such as potholes, providing facilities and disseminating information.
4. What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
· Explicit consent of the data subject to enable the above
5. Sharing your personal data
6. How long do we keep your personal
7. Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: -
· The right to request a copy of your personal data which Ingestre with Tixall Parish Council holds about you;
· The right to request that Ingestre with Tixall Parish Council corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
· The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for the Ingestre with Tixall Parish Council to retain such data;
· The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time
· The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
· The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
8. Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
9. Contact Details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries of complaints please in the first instance contact the Parish Clerk: Anne Andrews, 2, The Hanyards, Tixall, Stafford ST18 0XY Email:Tixandrews@madasafish.com
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.